With stress levels on the rise and 1 in 6 of the UK reporting they have experienced anxiety or depression, there has been a growing trend of people searching for something that can ground, stabilise and reduce symptoms of anxiety.
the "crystal trend" has been on the rise with social media becoming a large influence on people starting their crystal healing journey. Many celebrities have been seen and reported using crystals in their everyday life. Celebrities such as Adele has used crystals to help combat her performance nerves, and the Beckhams who place crystals around their home.
Crystal healing has been around for centuries; crystals can help clear negative energy and restore balance within the body, mind and spirit.
In this beginner's guide to crystals, we will explore how to use crystals for healing, the different types of crystals, and some of the best crystals for beginners. Keep reading to learn more!
What are crystals and how do they work?
Crystals are pieces of minerals that have been formed underground over thousands of years. They are found all over the world and come in a wide range of colors, shapes and sizes.
Crystals are formed when minerals, such as Quartz or Amethyst, slowly precipitate from water. This can take centuries and the crystals often grow in very intricate patterns. Some of the most famous crystals are found in caves and mines, such as Naica Mine in Chihuahua, Mexico.
Each type of crystal has its own unique properties, which can be used to restore balance within the body, mind and spirit. Crystals work by absorbing, amplifying and transmitting energy. When you hold or meditate with a crystal, its energy can help to clear negative energy and restore balance within the body.
The Science behind crystals
Some people believe in the power of crystal healing, while others remain skeptical. Some people argue that crystal healing is not supported by science. Others say that scientific studies have found benefits to using crystals for healing. However, many people who have tried crystal healing report feeling more positive and relaxed after using crystal healing practices.
The power of crystals has been known to induce a placebo effect in the body. When properly used, crystals can help to mitigate pain, counteract anxiety, and promote healthy sleeping habits. Whether you believe in the power of crystal healing or not. The placebo effect is scientifically proven to help medical treatment.
Whether or not you believe in the power of crystals, there is no denying that they can be beautiful and soothing to look at.
The different types of crystals and their properties
There are many different types of crystals, each with its unique properties. Some of the most popular types of crystals include:
1. Rose quartz
· Deep Healing · Unconditional Love · Self Love
Rose quartz is a type of quartz crystal that is known for its gentle energy. It is often used to heal the heart and promote self-love.
Offering comfort in times of grief because it is calming and reassuring. Eliminating negativity and replaces it with loving vibes. Rose quartz can also be used to attract love and relationships.
· Manifestation · Dreams · Stress
Amethyst is a type of quartz crystal that is known for its calming and soothing energy. It is often used to promote relaxation and stress relief.
Amethyst can be used to help treat a wide range of conditions, including anxiety, stress, insomnia, headaches and migraines. It is also said to help improve mental clarity, focus and concentration.
3. Clear quartz
· Master Healer · Purifying · Detoxifying
Clear quartz is a type of quartz crystal that is known for its powerful energy. It is often used to boost the immune system and increase energy levels.
An extremely high vibration crystal, Clear Quartz, can transform a room into a sacred space. Associated with profound energy cleanse. Clear Quartz will make you feel reborn.
· Abundance · Manifesting · Prosperity
Citrine is a type of quartz crystal that is known for its positive energy. Citrine brings light and new beginnings it's often used to attract wealth and abundance.
If your intention involves achieving success in financial or business ventures, this is the best stone to boost those manifestations.
Selenite is a type of gypsum crystal that is known for its cleansing and purifying energy. It is often used to clear negative energy and restore balance within the body, mind and spirit.
It's Moon like glow, instils deep peace within your whole being, and promotes purity and honesty.
How to use crystals for healing
When you're working with crystals for healing, it's important to choose the right crystal for the job. Here are a few tips for using crystals for healing:
- Hold the crystal in your hand or place it on your body.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath and focus on your breathing
- Clear your mind and focus on the crystal.
- Ask the crystal to help clear any negative energy and restore balance within your body, mind and spirit.
- Repeat as needed.
You can also use crystals for meditation. Here's how:
- Choose a crystal that resonates with you.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath and focus on your beathing
- Focus on the crystal and allow its energy to calm and heal you.
- Set your desired intentions and focus on this intention being in your life.
- Visualize the crystal sending light and love into your body, mind and spirit.
- Repeat as needed.
When you're working with crystals for healing, it's important to choose the right crystal for the job. Here are a few tips how to choose the right crystal for you.
- Choose a crystal that resonates with you.
- Find out the properties and choose based on your intention.
- Choose the crystal that "calls" to you.
- Use your Zodiac sign to guide you into the right direction.
In addition to wearing or carrying crystals around with you, here are some other ways that you can use them for healing:
- Place crystals on your body. This is a great way to receive the healing properties of the crystals directly into your system. You can either place them on specific areas of your body or create a crystal grid around yourself.
- Use crystals in your meditation practice. Meditating with crystals can be especially beneficial, as they can help focus your energy and open your mind and spirit to greater healing.
Make a crystal elixir. This is a great way to take advantage of the healing properties of crystals and drink them in easily. Simply add water to a crystal, let it soak for a while, and then drink the water. (Make sure to check which crystals are safe to use in water!)
- Put crystals in your home or office. Placing crystals in your environment can help to create a positive and healing energy field that will benefit everyone who spends time in that space.
Tips for beginners
When you're just starting out with crystals, it's important to know how to use them safely and effectively. Here are a few tips for beginners:
- Start with one or two crystals. Trying to work with too many crystals at once can be overwhelming and may not be effective.
Cleanse your crystals regularly. Crystals can pick up negative energy easily, so it's important to clear them regularly. You can do this by smudging them with sage, running them under water, or placing them in the sun or moonlight.
- Don't eat or drink crystal elixirs without checking if they are safe. While crystal elixirs are a great way to take in the healing properties of crystals, they can also be dangerous if not taken correctly.
- Be aware of your energy field when working with crystals. Some crystals can amplify your energy field, while others can calm it down. Pay attention to how you feel when working with different crystals and use the ones that feel best for you.
FAQs about Crystals
How do I choose the right crystal for me?
When choosing a crystal, it's important to consider what you need the crystal to do for you. If you need energy, focus or clarity, then choose a crystal like citrine or quartz. If you need to calm and soothe your mind and emotions, then choose a crystal like amethyst or rose quartz.
How do I cleanse my crystals?
You can clenase your crystals by smudging them with sage, running them under water, or placing them in the sun or moonlight.
What are some ways that I can use my crystals for healing?
Some ways that you can use crystals for healing are by placing them on your body, meditating with them, making a crystal elixir, and putting them in your home or office.
What if I don't know how to work with crystals?
If you're new to working with crystals, start with one or two crystals and cleanse them regularly. Pay attention to how you feel when working with different crystals and use the ones that feel best for you.
If you want to find out more about the metaphysically healing properties check out our crystal index